Thursday, September 6, 2007

My Alter Ego


Today I was reading an article in Al Ahram Weekly called "My Alter Ego" which asks several people the question "If it was up to you, who would you like to be?" For some strange reason the women who was caught in the act jumps to mind. This is the woman that the Jews brought to Jesus to test him to see if he dismisses her then he supports her and if not then where is the mercy. This is were Jesus spoke His everliving words: ""If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Maybe because she was undoubtedly sinfully but undoubtedly forgiven, shamed publicly but publicly justified, had a miraculous but literally hair raising transformation. She was exposed and still honored. I like her because she was daring in her sin and daring in her righteousness. I like her because she had no pretence. There was no doubt of her being a sinner and her being afterwards a true follower of Jesus Christ. She was at all times true self. Somehow I envy her.

No comments: