Monday, September 24, 2007

Fantasy Land

Is this healthy or normal? I keep asking my self. Is it healthy or even normal to run away to fantasy land where I see my dreams come true? Is it normal to day dream? When I was young I dreamt of travelling the world. I used to pick a country and then read all about it then go on dreaming and see myself touring its signs, shopping from its markets, wearing its national dress, eating its food and speaking its language. In my dreams I would become a doctor, or an astronaut. Sometimes I would be a cow girl or a native American Indian or even a James Bond style agent. This way I would live an alter ego and be all things I wanted in all places I wished. But that was long time ago. I just keep wondering why now I turn back to my fantasy work. I don't dream of riches or glamour, maybe more beauty. I actually dream of relaxing and destressing. I dream of wondering in evergreen woods and listening to water falls. I dream of solitude and peace. Is this normal?

No comments: